Weymouth beach has received many accolades over the years, these include;
Quality Coast award for Weymouth Beach - Weymouth Beach will be flying the flag again after being awarded the Quality Coast award for 2012. The ENCAMS judged award reflects the great achievements of all involved in the management of what surely is Weymouth's most iconic asset.
The category 'A' Quality Coast Award not only recognises good water quality, well developed facilities and beach supervision but also emphasises sound management systems, guaranteeing that beach visitors experience quality visits to our coastline time after time.
- Winner of the ENCAMS Seaside Award every year since 1992 until the Awards conclusion at the end of the 2006 bathing season.
- April 2004 -Awarded and achieved joint seventh in the top ten of UK Beaches (Nationwide study of 171 beaches).
- Consistently maintained an overall grade 'A' from the introduction of the annual Resort beach surveys in 1993 until the survey conclusion during 2003.
- Weymouth Central, Lodmoor, Sandfoot Castle, Church Ope Cove and Bowleaze Cove beaches are recommended in the Marine Conservation Society Good Beach Guide 2007.
- Voted one of the best family seaside resorts in the Country during 2002 by the Mother and Baby Magazine, a survey of 1000 parents.
- Weymouth beach is acclaimed as one of the Elite 8 grade 'A' beaches in Britain.
- For 2013 Weymouth Beach has been voted 7th in the TripAdvisor Best Beaches in Britain.